Master of Arts
(33 Credit Hours)
Our students are challenged in ways that enhance their education and provide access to the larger scholarly discussion in the historical discipline. The joint program (with The Citadel Graduate College) features small classes with stimulating discussion and analysis, and the two faculties offer a wealth of expertise in United States history, European history and global history.
The City of Charleston also provides archival resources, research sites and employment opportunities.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions
- Official GRE or MAT scores; official TOEFL scores if your primary language is not English
- Three letters of recommendation from undergraduate professors
- Writing sample from an upper-level history course
- At least 15 hours of undergraduate history courses beyond the introductory level
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 with a 3.0 in the major
in-state: $500 per credit hour
out-of-state: $1,304 per credit hour
Fall: March 1
Spring: October 15