Description: This award acknowledges and honors the efforts of a student, faculty, or staff member who strive to promote understanding and appreciation of diversity. It also recognizes the contributions of faculty, staff, or students whose service contributes to the development of a more culturally diverse and inclusive College community. This annual award recognizes significant achievements of full-time faculty, staff, and students toward developing a more culturally diverse, competent and inclusive university community.
- Must be a faculty or staff member with at least three (3) years of continuous employment or a junior level full-time student with at least 60 credit hours from the College and must be in good standing with the College.
- Strong evidence of significant and consistent contributions to the advancement of diversity relations at the College.
- Exemplifies a strong commitment to promoting Diversity, Access, Equity, and Inclusion at the College.
- Makes selfless, significant, and consistent contributions to the advancement of diversity relations beyond the College campus
- Serves as a strong role model to others on campus in diversity affairs
- Exhibits strong commitment to all-inclusive diversity in the areas of any of the following:
- Teaching, or research
- Creative activity
- Outreach activities
- Community relations