Description: The ExCEL Award recognizes a faculty member within their academic school for their contributions to promote excellence and student success. The faculty member serves as a role model to students and inspires them to achieve, and is recognized by their colleagues as consistently exhibiting exemplary teaching skills and for their commitment to creating opportunities for intellectual and personal growth. In addition the faculty member embodies the College’s core purpose to pursue and share knowledge through study, inquiry and creation in order to empower the individual and enrich society.
Criteria: Nominees for this award must be a Faulty member of any rank (adjunct – full professor) at the College. The faculty nominee must have shown an extraordinary dedication to teaching, made remarkable contributions to education in the College community, and a has passion for their profession. The faculty member is well respected by their peers and is seen and is seen by their students as compassionate, approachable, and nurturing. The professor demonstrates a strong commitment to supporting and enhancing the values of diversity and inclusion at the College.
Must not have received an ExCEL Award within the past three (3) years.
- Outstanding Faculty for the School of the Arts
- Outstanding Faculty for the School of Business
- Outstanding Faculty for the School of Education, Health, and Human Performance
- Outstanding Faculty for the School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Outstanding Faculty for the School of Languages, Cultures, and World Affairs
- Outstanding Faculty for the School of Sciences and Mathematics
- Outstanding Faculty for the Graduate School