SafeZone Humanity Award
The Safe Zone Humanity Award recognizes a student, faculty, staff member or student organization for their efforts of enhancing a welcoming campus climate.
The SafeZone Humanity Award is based on the following criteria:
- Promotes awareness of the need to combat intolerance and breaking down barriers at the College.
- Encourages and supports students in the LGBT community
- Advocates for students facing difficulties or discrimination due to their sexual orientation.
- Fosters greater understanding concerning sexual orientation and gender identity in the College and local communities.
- Committed to increasing awareness and respect for all persons. Takes steps to enhance diversity and inclusion on campus by creating and sustaining a welcoming and accessible campus environment for all faculty, staff, students, and community members.
Must not have received an ExCEL Award within the past three (3) years.