Information Desk Peer Staff Student Employee
The Information Desk in Addlestone Library seeks College of Charleston students to join our team. The Information Desk, staffed by a combination of librarians, student computing support professionals, and peer staff student employees, is the first stop for students seeking answers to their research and computing questions. Peer staff student employees provide online and in person first tier research assistance, computer troubleshooting, and computer lab maintenance.
- Work assigned hours (averaging 10 hours/week) at the Information Desk providing research and student computing support services.
- Troubleshoot student computers, wireless connectivity, My Charleston, Oaks, and password related issues.
- Maintain computer lab including refilling paper and changing toner cartridges.
- Assist students in scanning, printing, and lab software.
- Assist students in using library research guides, online catalog, and databases.
- Assist students in finding materials in the stacks and online.
- Record Information Desk transactions.
Ability to assist students in conducting library research using the discovery service, online catalog, various research databases, and scholarly internet resources as well as aptitude to assist students with installed lab software, connecting personal mobile devices (laptops, cell phones, tablets, iPads, etc.) to the College’s wireless network, and troubleshooting issues in the College’s online services gateway and learning management system.
Candidates must be College of Charleston students. Some evenings until midnight or weekends may be required. Candidates must be prepared to complete Information Desk training which includes modules in library research and student computing support.
It is preferred that students have been enrolled at the college for at least two semesters prior to working at the Information Desk.
Please log in with your g.cofc.edu account and complete the form at http://goo.gl/forms/emTKntVszs
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.