Master of Education
(36 Credit Hours)
At The Graduate School of the College of Charleston, you will grow intellectually and professionally in the state’s only Master of Education in Languages Program. With the program’s emphasis on Spanish and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), you will learn the most important linguistic, psychological and social influences that affect the acquisition of a second language. You will also explore the varied history and literature of Spanish culture. Certified teachers in the TESOL track will gain an additional teaching field by completing this program.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions
- TOEFL scores if your primary language is not English
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- A valid teaching certificate is preferred, but not required
- At least 30 hours of undergraduate coursework in Spanish
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of goals
For the most up-to-date information, go to treasurer.cofc.edu.
Fall priority deadline for completed applications: March 1. (This deadline is for those students seeking scholarships and assistantships.)
Fall deadline for all other completed applications: July 1.
Spring: November 1
Summer: March 1
Silvia Rodriguez Sabater